Roderick Cawson, MD, FDSRCS, FDSRCPS(Glas), FRCPath, FAAOMP, Emeritus Professor of Oral Medicine and Pathology, Guy’s King’s and St Thomas’ Dental Institute, King’s College London, UK;
Edward Odell, FDSRCS, MSc, PhD, FRCPath, Professor of Oral Pathology and Medicine, King’s College London, UK; Honorary Consultant in Oral Pathology, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
- Comprehensive coverage of both oral pathology and oral medicine in a single paperback volume
- Ideal for both undergraduate and post-graduate dentistry exams
- Lucid writing style provides easy access to essential information
- Illustrated in high quality throughout, with over 80 new full colour images
- Ample use of flow charts guide the student thorough the process of differential diagnosis for a range of conditions
- Classic text explaining the dental relevance of a range of systemic diseases
- Updated chapters on cancer and premalignancy, including new information on disease management.
- New section on healing of the normal tooth socket, and pathology of osseointegration and sinusitis.
- Includes discussion of controversial issues such as prophylaxis for infective endocarditis.
- Addition of new WHO disease classifications – such as premalignancy.
- New section on the relationship between the pathology of caries and its treatment.
- Usability of diagnostic flow charts improved by addition of icons to the relevant sections of text referring the reader to the flow chart.
- Many sections improved and updated, including cleft lip and palate, maxillary sinusitis and lichenoid reactions to amalgam restorations.
- New section on implants, implant related lesions and osseointegration.
- Paperback: 472 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 8 edition (February 26, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0443101256
- ISBN-13: 978-0443101250
- Product Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.5 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.1 pounds