Cawson’s Essentials of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine, 8th Edition
Roderick Cawson, MD, FDSRCS, FDSRCPS(Glas), FRCPath, FAAOMP, Emeritus Professor of Oral Medicine and Pathology, Guy’s King’s and St Thomas’ Dental Institute, King’s College London, UK;
Edward Odell, FDSRCS, MSc, PhD, FRCPath, Professor of Oral Pathology and Medicine, King’s College London, UK; Honorary Consultant in Oral Pathology, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
- Comprehensive coverage of both oral pathology and oral medicine in a single paperback volume
- Ideal for both undergraduate and post-graduate dentistry exams
- Lucid writing style provides easy access to essential information
- Illustrated in high quality throughout, with over 80 new full colour images
- Ample use of flow charts guide the student thorough the process of differential diagnosis for a range of conditions
- Classic text explaining the dental relevance of a range of systemic diseases
- Updated chapters on cancer and premalignancy, including new information on disease management.
- New section on healing of the normal tooth socket, and pathology of osseointegration and sinusitis.
- Includes discussion of controversial issues such as prophylaxis for infective endocarditis.
- Addition of new WHO disease classifications – such as premalignancy.
- New section on the relationship between the pathology of caries and its treatment.
- Usability of diagnostic flow charts improved by addition of icons to the relevant sections of text referring the reader to the flow chart.
- Many sections improved and updated, including cleft lip and palate, maxillary sinusitis and lichenoid reactions to amalgam restorations.
- New section on implants, implant related lesions and osseointegration.