Effective Java 3rd Edition
What’s New in Effective Java’s Third Edition?
Effective Java 3rd Edition contains a lot of changes as compare to 2nd edition. Here is some idea about what is new in effective java 3rd edition. Effective Java 3rd Edition contains some new ideas for developers to know about java 7, java 8 and java 9. there are several changes with 12 chapters encompassing 90 items covering well over 350 pages.
It will not only cover Java 9 release but also all the changes from Java 7 and Java 8.
Why Java developers Waiting for Effective Java 3rd Edition?
2. Joshua Bloch is considering revising concurrency chapter, time permitting.
3. A whole chapter on lambdas and stream.
4. New library features such as the Optional interface, java.time, and the convenience factory methods for collections.
5. NIO 2.0 introduced in JDK 7.
6. Functional programming constructs that were added to its object-oriented roots.
7. Functional interfaces, lambda expressions, method references, and streams.